New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Can't sell ALL shares on Win 2003 File Server

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jsbaker

Ok I have searched and have not found anything so far.

I have a new Win 2003 filer server (not domain controller) which is also running file services for Macintosh. Each share has a windows share and a mac share when you use the share wizard to create them. Any of my Macs (25 of them) not running 10.4 can see some but not all of the shares, about half of them do not show up.. Most of the machines a running 10.2 some are 10.3. I have tried to access it with my Powerrunning Tiger and everything is ok. It's not a problem with usernames because we have tried a few and they always see everything with Tiger.
QUOTE Thanks
MacsWork

MacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really nice
Mac Specs: Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3

Things to try,...

Getting DNS from the W2K3 server (if it's running a s a DNS Server) or adding it into Netinfo Machines

Using: "smbclient //serverIP/sharename -U windowsusername" in terminal
Just to see if you have access to the share. You'll be prompted for a pass. You can use the server name if you can ping it by name rather than use the IP.

Are they all the same version of Panther? Might it be a bug?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« What's so great about Tiger? | file permissions »