New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Why is time machine not searching all the way?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

shenfrey

shenfrey is on a distinguished road

A few weeks ago I created a text document entitled "recover test" and for some reason when i type it in the search bar and press on the up arrow it does not search all the way it only searches 4-5 windows and not ALL of them so i have to manually choose a date and then manually search up or down to find it, which i can find it, but time machine search can't do it automatically : (

How come guys? I thought it worked like that?
QUOTE Thanks
shenfrey

Anyone even want to have a guess maybe? Please, i really need some help with this.
QUOTE Thanks
Oneironaut

Oneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really nice
Mac Specs: 21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

I was under the impression that it only searches the folder you're currently viewing. Are you talking about when you're actually in Time Machine and using the search field in the Finder window of a particular date?
QUOTE Thanks
shenfrey

I'm talking about just searching your imac in general. Clicking on "computers Name Imac" and then typing in the top right search bar (the only search bar in time machine, the one on the finder) the file you are looking. In the demos i seen you type in what you are looking for and time machine searches through all of the dates once you click once on the up arrow until it finds the correct item you are searching for.

For me i click on the up arrow and it searches trough my last 3 back ups then stop then i have to manually press the up arrow each time to find it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iMac, iPhone, iPad, Mail sync | Leopard update file sharing woes »