Thread: Time Machine
04-19-2010, 12:05 PM #1
- Member Since
- Jan 16, 2004
- New Jersey USA
- G5 DP 1.8 160 Super Drive 17 " Display
I have switched my pc to a mac mini. I have an external drive with all my backup data. I was thinking of using Time Machine for backup.
1. Will it reformat drive to HFS and wipe out data.
2. When it backs up, does it backup only changed files.
3. Does it backup the whole drive including OS
4. If so I need an external as large as the macmini.
Thanks for the help
04-19-2010, 12:10 PM #2
1) Yes, TM drives are HFS+
2) Yes, only files changed since last TM backup
3) Yes, unless you exclude folders manually
4) Yes, to be on the safe side.
Cheers ... McBieA computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By ChristyV in forum Apple DesktopsReplies: 2Last Post: 01-04-2015, 12:56 PM
By tada in forum OS X - Apps and GamesReplies: 0Last Post: 03-31-2012, 03:32 PM
By drgrafix in forum Apple DesktopsReplies: 9Last Post: 11-28-2011, 01:20 PM
By dwhewlings in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 0Last Post: 02-01-2009, 08:12 PM
By Mario in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 5Last Post: 09-19-2008, 12:28 AM