New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

mac leopard desktop clock issues, please help :)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Ceicj

Ceicj is on a distinguished road

Hello everybody firstly i would like to say hello. This is my first post on this forum and i apologize if this is in the wrong section. May i say what a brilliant forum this is the amount of times i have googled a slight problem with my mac this website has always come up trumps.
However i have been googleing this specific problem but to no avail, nothing on ANY website came close to solving the problem and so i joined this forum seeking advice
as you can see here is my desktop the problem however is with the clock, i changed the theme using an application called "magnifique" and it changed everything BUT the clock and my username, which are still black along with the menubar (making the text unreadable.)

my question is how can i change the color of my clock using the clock.menu file i have highlighted in the photo or any other method for that matter.

the clock.menu file can be found through system/library/Core services/Menu extras

thank you very much for any replies
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

I can't much understand what you are saying because it is all one long run-on sentence. Some proper punctuation would really help lend some clarity. You should also indicate what version of OS X you are using, and what "theme" software it is that you are using.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu). Also advise us if you have any antivirus or "cleaning" software installed on your Mac. If you are using MacKeeper, you are hereby advised to uninstall it.
------
Links to commonly recommended software and instructions: Onyx | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | How to reveal the User Library
------
Having issues with Safari? Adware is on the rise. See this guide on how to remove it: The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks
Ceicj

im very sorry that coding kind of put me off my writing its the first ever time i have had to use it,

i am running leopard version 10.5.8

i used "magnifique" for the theme editing software

basically all i want is some of the text in the menu bar to change from black, which is blending in with my menu bar color to white so it is readable.

thanks
QUOTE Thanks
BogBeast

BogBeast is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27" iMac C2D, 3.33Ghz, 8mb Ram; 24" iMac, 2.66Ghz, 4mb Ram; 14" iBook

Not sure how to resolve your problem but does the application Magnifique have an uninstaller so you can return the Mac to it's previous state. Probably not what you want but maybe the easiest solution if you want to be able to tell the time

You could also have a look at some of the links on this thread from the Apple forums: http://discussions.apple.com/thread....sageID=9378046
Sounds like Magnifique could be one to avoid.
QUOTE Thanks
Ceicj

yeah it has an uninstaller but im not sure i want to resort to that just yet, all im after is to change the color of the time im perfectly happy with everything else
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

I don't have a solution considering you don't want to uninstall it, but I wouldn't be touching anything in your system folder unless you want to be reinstalling your whole OS again.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Would suggest you try the developers of magnifique.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
titina

titina is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: black macbook OSX v10.5.8, 2.2 Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB RAM

what happens if you try in system prefs, accessibility, use white on black?

iScream
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 10.6.3 - Problems with PDFs | PLEASE Help with OS browser »