New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Hibernation Restore Error

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

smithk2719

smithk2719 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15.4" MacBook Pro 8GB Ram, 500GB HD, Have been an Apple guy since 2002, and will NEVER GO BACK =)

Working like normal on the mac until it dies, to maximize battery health, I shut the clamshell, fully charge it, take it off of power, open it back up, press power button, get halfway through the hibernation bootup, and screen stops, and it auto re-starts. Once I reboot, it gives me this error in the "send this to apple" routine it does:

Hibernate restore error e00002ca"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1504.3.12/iokit/Kernel/IOHibernateIO.cpp:2424

Anyone else have this? or am I crazy?

mid-2009 macbook pro. 500gb upgraded HD, 8gb ram, and I'm competent enough to analyze the hd, with no errors....

Thanks in advance anyone! =)

-Keegan
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

I've never heard of this practice or procedure, so I'm inclined to say you're doing it wrong.

You don't have to use the battery "until it dies," that sounds like a really good way to corrupt your directory. Just use your battery normally, and perhaps every so often you may wish to re-calibrate the battery per Apple's instructions.

I wish I knew why people think using a computer is so much more of a "job" than it actually is ...
QUOTE Thanks
smithk2719

Mac Specs: 15.4" MacBook Pro 8GB Ram, 500GB HD, Have been an Apple guy since 2002, and will NEVER GO BACK =)

you're missing the point. the mac was DESIGNED to do this. my ibook g4, powerbook, and macbook all function normally after I do this. The macbook pro does not. I didnt want a random opinion, I wanted anyone else that has experienced this and perhaps what is causing the problem.
QUOTE Thanks
smithk2719

and just so you know, I'm not the only one.

Apple - Support - Discussions - Restore from hibernate causes crash ...

So before assuming and trying to make people feel stupid, why not HELP solve the problem, instead of creating more of one.
QUOTE Thanks
fet

fet is on a distinguished road

where you able to fix this problem?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Lion won't install 'this disk is used for time machine...' | iTunes problem »