Help with Screen Saver / Energy Saver stuff?
    1. Right now I have my Macbook setup wirelessly to allow an ethernet cable ran from it to my 360 to play online. The screen has to be opened to keep the internet going. If it goes to sleep, I will lose the signal, and be logged out of live. What settings do I need to allow it to not sleep after being idle for so long? And can I keep it from going to sleep, but still allow the screen saver to come on? Basically I need to know how to set it up to keep receiving the signal without going to sleep.

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    As I understand you, what you mean is that you have wireless internet (a home wifi network) and have turned on "internet sharing" using Ethernet to allow your XBox to also have internet.

Under this setup, your Mac can't go to sleep or the connection will be cut off.

If that's correct, then you just want Energy Saver's setting to disallow hard drive sleep (set to never), but the screen can be set to sleep. I personally wouldn't bother running a screensaver, just let the screen go black.

Quote Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
    As I understand you, what you mean is that you have wireless internet (a home wifi network) and have turned on "internet sharing" using Ethernet to allow your XBox to also have internet.

Under this setup, your Mac can't go to sleep or the connection will be cut off.

If that's correct, then you just want Energy Saver's setting to disallow hard drive sleep (set to never), but the screen can be set to sleep. I personally wouldn't bother running a screensaver, just let the screen go black.
    So I shouldn't have to mess with it at all? I do have internet sharing turned on.

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpleg View Post
    So I shouldn't have to mess with it at all? I do have internet sharing turned on.
    Think you missed this part?

Quote Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Thread Information