New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Program Launch at OS Start UP not Account Log In?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

andersenk

andersenk is on a distinguished road

I have three user accounts on my Mac. I want to launch a program at start up of the mac itself NOT through "accounts/log in items". Any ideas, is it possible?

Basically it is for remote desktop support, in that, I would like to access all accounts via logging out of one account and still have my Teamviewer application running in the back ground. Or start a RDS session with the mac turned on and resting at the "account log in" screen.
QUOTE Thanks
dpjmie

dpjmie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by andersenk View Post
I have three user accounts on my Mac. I want to launch a program at start up of the mac itself NOT through "accounts/log in items". Any ideas, is it possible?

Basically it is for remote desktop support, in that, I would like to access all accounts via logging out of one account and still have my Teamviewer application running in the back ground. Or start a RDS session with the mac turned on and resting at the "account log in" screen.
I would suggest trying a site called www.logmein.com

They are good for the basic remote access, and also have a pro version for things like filesharing and printer/sound sharing... works once you have the computer turned on, doesnt need to be logged in to a specific account
QUOTE Thanks
andersenk

andersenk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpjmie View Post
I would suggest trying a site called www.logmein.com

They are good for the basic remote access, and also have a pro version for things like filesharing and printer/sound sharing... works once you have the computer turned on, doesnt need to be logged in to a specific account
I haven't tried this Logmein.com site yet but I will if I can't get this to work. The thing that bothers me about this the most is that I can reboot my Work PC through my Mac and the Work PC will stay connected via Teamviewer but not the other way around.

The PC version of Teamviewer has this option:"Start Teamviewer With Windows" *see attached pic*

Mac has no such option that I can find so back to the question at hand...what is a possible workaround?
Attached Images
File Type: png Teamviewer Set Up.png (77.4 KB, 5 views)
QUOTE Thanks
adriandhart

adriandhart is on a distinguished road

Has anybody found a solution for this issue? I have the same problem.

I want to be able to log off at the end of the day, but still have remote access from home using TeamViewer.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

I don't know if this will work but I think you might be able to make use of launchd to start a daemon in the background. This might be complex and ultimately not worth the effort depending on how TV works.

After a quick search, I seem to have found instructions for using launchd to start TV. Here you are.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Another Mac to Windows print issue | HP Flash Drive Not Detected »