New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Strange Photobooth glitch

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iBeldar

iBeldar will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: '08 White MB 2.1ghz - 4GB- 120GB- Superdrive - Snow Leopard

I am running Snow Leopard 10.6.3, specs are in my sig. For some reason, photobooth is inverting the colors of some pictures. It does this with some effects, apparently a few of the ones from the extra iChat effects pack. Not all of them do this. The effect in this example is the Line Screen effect, from the addon pack. What comes up on PB when you initally take the picture looks fine, the final picture looks inverted. I didn't have this problem on my last Macbook, (and to be totally honest) my old hackintosh (that is LONG gone) didn't do this either. The first pic is the actual end picture, 2nd is a screenshot I took as I took the 1st picture. Anyone else have this problem or know what the problem is?

White Penryn Macbook 08'
2.1GHZ C2D - 4GB RAM - 120GB HD - Combo Drive - Snow Leopard - Windows 7 Professional
QUOTE Thanks
Corbab

Corbab will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 4 GB DDR3, 250 GB HDD, 10.6.4

I'm honestly not sure what your exact problem is, but it's probably some glitch in the Quartz Effects. I know the iChat effects pack can slow down Photobooth a little bit, and I wouldn't be entirely surprised if they became corrupted somehow. Have you tried reinstalling them?

Just a stupid kid with a computer, so take my advice with a grain of salt if that makes a difference to you.
QUOTE Thanks
iBeldar

iBeldar will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: '08 White MB 2.1ghz - 4GB- 120GB- Superdrive - Snow Leopard

No I havent, I should give that a try lol

Edit: Doesn't look like that worked. Nobody else has had this problem?

White Penryn Macbook 08'
2.1GHZ C2D - 4GB RAM - 120GB HD - Combo Drive - Snow Leopard - Windows 7 Professional
QUOTE Thanks
Blingies

Blingies is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeldar View Post
Nobody else has had this problem?
I have, i installed a new set of photobooth effects, some worked fine, but most of them came out inverted.

I actually bookmarked this page, hoping someone would have an answer...
Looks like no one does... D=
QUOTE Thanks
lfv

lfv is on a distinguished road

actually i have the same problem here, but the weird thing is that when im recording a video with the effect with that problem it looks totally normal idk but i think is the flash
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Questions re: installer DVD and upgrading my hard drive (MBP 13 inch) | Snow Leopard Upgrade Disk »