New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Mail 4.2 recibe but doesn't send

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Silvia

Silvia is on a distinguished road

Hello,

I can recibe emails but I can't send it.
If I do window --> Mail connection inspector I can see that the pop accounts are ok, but the smtp accounts are (connecting to server).
In the directory index, the side right of the Send directory there is the picture of thinking.
I've tried gmail accounts and my own domain account, and the pop accounts work but the smtp doesn't work.

Could you help me?

My apologize for my english.

Best regards,

SLD
QUOTE Thanks
BogBeast

BogBeast is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27" iMac C2D, 3.33Ghz, 8mb Ram; 24" iMac, 2.66Ghz, 4mb Ram; 14" iBook

Hi
It must be something missing or a bit of wrong typing on the smtp server. Check the following: Mail>Preferences>Accounts. Click on your Gmail account from the list on the left then on the right click in the drop down menu next to 'Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) and select 'Edit SPTP server list'. On the first tab 'Account Information' make sure the name of the smtp server is correct - in the case of Gmail it should be: smtp.gmail.com
then click on the advanced tab and check that Authentication is set to 'Password', that 'Use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)' is ticked and that you have selected 'Use default ports'.
User name should be the part of your email address before the @ sign (not your full email address) and make sure you have input your correct Gmail password. Save all your revised preferences and try again - it should work, that's exactly how mine is set up with no problems.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« OSX server 10.5.8 to OSX snow leopard | Unable to open Applications. »