Thread: Finder....

Finder....
    Hi, I'm back with another question.
    I did buy a book to help me understand my new iMac, but, I am still confused about 'Finder'. I really do not understand it. Do I put 'stuff' in Finder, or does it go there automatically?

Finder is identical to Explorer (slightly better). Stuff you download go in the download folder and installs go to Application folder. Are you looking for something specific?
    up there with the bEst of the bEst....

hmmmmmm
    No, wasn't looking for a thing, just curious how I would use 'Finder'. Ohhh, so much to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by SVHarmony View Post
    No, wasn't looking for a thing, just curious how I would use 'Finder'. Ohhh, so much to learn.
    I hate to sound rude, but if you are this confused with Finder, then you really need to go get a beginner's guide on how to use OS X. Learning the basics will go a long way to increasing your satisfaction with your computer experience.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac » Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

nooo, not rude
    I am not offended, I agree with you. I just need to settle down with my book and start fresh. I appreciate the help I receive here.

Specs:
    2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    Have you looked at Switch 101 and Mac 101 on apple.com? Very helpful to persons new to Macs.
    64GB iPhone 6, 64GB iPad Air 2.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.

Thank you ... I'll look there before I ask those dumb questions. *sigh. Also, I have a neighbor who is a Mac person. I should have looked at a number of places before I post hunting for answers to my beginner questions.

Thank you for your replies, I really do appreciate your help.

Specs:
    Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
    Finder is an application which allows you to use your computer to view windows, and other applications. It translates binary information into graphics and text that you can understand. I think.

Specs:
    27" iMac Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1067 MHz RAM, iPhone 4S
    It is sorta like your My Computer folder and your C:/ Drive all in one and on steriods because anything on your computer can be gotten too or "found" using finder. At least thats how I see it and I just switched also

Quote Originally Posted by SVHarmony View Post
    Thank you ... I'll look there before I ask those dumb questions. *sigh. Also, I have a neighbor who is a Mac person. I should have looked at a number of places before I post hunting for answers to my beginner questions.

Thank you for your replies, I really do appreciate your help.
    There are no dumb questions, only dumb answers. Don't be afraid to ask questions… just be aware that a little self-education will go a long ways to helping you understand the answers.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac » Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Thank you, I think I'm beginning to understand ...

Thread Information