New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Settlers 7 snow leopard help

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

macgaming

macgaming is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Currently mac os x 10.8.3, hopefully soon 10.6.3.

Hey, I just got the settlers 7 game over in France, and every time i click to play it it says my version of mac os x 5.8 cant play it, so I found out that it needs snow leopard to work, but I dont know if i want to buy a whole new thing. Is it possible to get an update or something to get it, or do I absolutely need to buy an attachment?
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgaming View Post
Hey, I just got the settlers 7 game over in France, and every time i click to play it it says my version of mac os x 5.8 cant play it, so I found out that it needs snow leopard to work, but I dont know if i want to buy a whole new thing. Is it possible to get an update or something to get it, or do I absolutely need to buy an attachment?
If you already own OS 10.5.8...then the upgrade disk for OS 10.6 is only $29 bucks...hard to beat that price!

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

clayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s

and to add to Nick's post ...you can find it here :

Apple - Mac OS X Snow Leopard - The world?s most advanced OS

Clay

MY ADVICE COMES WITH A DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
QUOTE Thanks
macgaming

But are you sure there is no way to get any kind of computer update? Cus I got this thing for 50 euros and I dont know If i want to pay any more.
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Quote:
But are you sure there is no way to get any kind of computer update? Cus I got this thing for 50 euros and I dont know If i want to pay any more.
There is no way to update. Snow Leopard is un upgrade not an update.
You say you got this thing for 50 euros.... do you mean Leopard, or the Mac?
If the Mac, what Mac is it, and what are the specs?
You probably can't upgrade past Leopard!
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

You won't get a new OS or OS upgrade for a better price. There are no online (legal) downloads of Snow Leopard. You'll be happy you upgraded.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
macgaming

I got the game for 50 euros. Well thanks anyway guys, I probably get it later.

Modnation Racers. If you like Little Big Planet, then GET THIS GAME!!! on may 25. Any extra info of said game is appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I got the game for 50 euros. Well thanks anyway guys, I probably get it later.
It's always a good idea to read the hardware & OS specifications for a game or software application before buying it.

- Nick

- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
QUOTE Thanks
macgaming

Well I couldn't read the requirements cus they were in french on the box.

Modnation Racers. If you like Little Big Planet, then GET THIS GAME!!! on may 25. Any extra info of said game is appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
Well I couldn't read the requirements cus they were in french on the box.
Then maybe you should:

- learn how to read French
- should have asked someone else to read it for you that reads French
- should not have purchased it if you weren't 100% sure what you were buying.

By the way...I don't speak/read French either. But numbers are numbers in French or English. So I'm sure on the box where the system specifications are the numbers 10.6.0, 10.6.1, 10.6.2, or 10.6.3...which would have told you that you needed this version of the Mac OS on your computer.

Since you only have 10.5.8 you either should not have purchased the game...or just buy the $29 10.6 upgrade disk so you can install the game.

It's really that simple!

- Nick

p.s. You may also be interested to know...that since this is the French version of this game (and you don't read French)...how do you know that once you get the game installed that you will be able to read anything??? It may all be in French!!!

QUOTE Thanks
macgaming

Second of all, the requirements were in the instructions and the box was in that plastic box thing like at blockbuster, so i only saw it after I bought it. the only way I knew it was snow leopard was the numbers. Plus i could pick the language in installation. Its an international game, given that it was made in Germany

QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
Second of all, the requirements were in the instructions and the box was in that plastic box thing like at blockbuster, so i only saw it after I bought it. the only way I knew it was snow leopard was the numbers. Plus i could pick the language in installation. Its an international game, given that it was made in Germany
Well then it sounds like all you need is the $29 Snow Leopard upgrade disk....which is what I recommended in post #2 of this thread.

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks
macgaming

Ok I get, I'll get the upgrade, geeze.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Problem with wireless connection | Installed OS X 10.4 disc one with no result »