New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Remove items for appicactions

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jnsuffolk

jnsuffolk is on a distinguished road

Not sure if this is the right place or not. When I access my applications thru the dock. When they come up I have a black box with all of them in it. Is there a way to remove the ones I don't really use without deleting them from the system.
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

What you want is a 3rd party software that will display the apps that you want in that style.
I used to have an app for that, but I don't remember the name.
Just going to look for it now, so I'll get back to you unless someone beats me to it.
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Rapidostart
Not used it with snow leopard, but I used to have it with leopard
You just put the Apps that you want in there.
RapidoStart for Mac - User reviews and ratings - CNET Download.com
QUOTE Thanks
Yffum

Yffum is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Running Snow Leopard out of the box

Or simply make aliases of the apps you want and put them in one folder. That's what I do with my games. No 3rd party software necessary.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I need upgrade 10.4.11 to 10.5.8+ for iPad | Administrator privilege »