New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Some help re MS Word for OS X 10.5.8

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Netaji

Netaji is on a distinguished road

Hi
I'm new to the world of Mac. I've been trying to get used to the way the OS behaves and in this endeavor the internet has been a big help. However, there is one specific issue for which I have not found any help anywhere. So I thought I'd ask the forum here.

I wanted to find out if anyone is aware of a keyboard shortcut for the 'Format Painter' function in Word for OSX. In Windows, its typically shift ctrl c to copy the format, and shift ctrl v to paste the format. I tried to replace ctrl with cmd but that didn't work.

Any help would be really appreciated, because I have this huge document to format and don't fancy using the mouse!

Thanks for having me here and looking forward to any suggestions!
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

You'll have to add one (two, actually) since there isn't one by default.

Choose Tools > Customize Keyboard... and choose the "Edit" category. Assign shortcuts to the "CopyFormat" and "PasteFormat" commands.
QUOTE Thanks
Netaji

Netaji is on a distinguished road

Thank you! That worked!
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.10.1

And if using Office 2008, go into Preferences and save Word documents as .doc, and not the default .docx otherwise your Windows friends will have problems with your Word attachments. There have been a number of important updates to Office 2008, currently up to version 12.2.4. Just hit the update button in Help.
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryb2448 View Post
And if using Office 2008, go into Preferences and save Word documents as .doc, and not the default .docx otherwise your Windows friends will have problems with your Word attachments
Only if they're still using Office 2003 (or something even older than that.)

And even then they could use the free importer that is available for download.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.10.1

Most PC users are unaware of the converter.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Connect to server question OSX 10.5 | backup drive »