04-06-2010, 01:37 PM #1
How to clear google toolbar cache?
- Member Since
- Nov 23, 2009
I'm having a hard time finding out this...the toolbar next to the address bar holds all your previous searches and I cant find out how to clear the history completely...have 'cleared history ' from tools but no effect on google..thanks
04-06-2010, 02:32 PM #2
- Member Since
- May 14, 2009
- Near Whitehorse, Yukon
- 2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
You are using Firefox, right? Assuming you are…
Deleting the History will not clear the recent searches drop-down menu.
To clear the recent searches menu, do this.
1. Go to the "Tools" menu.
2. Select "Clear Recent History."
3. Make sure the box next to "Saved Form and Search History" is checked.
4. Click "Clear Private Data Now".
Now when you click into the Google search field the recent items should be gone.
Unless we are talking about the Google Toolbar which is different from the Google search field.
Then you have to do this,
1. Click on the drop-down arrow to the right of the Google Toolbar search box.
2. Select the "Clear Search History" option. This will clear all the previous searches from the drop-down box.
Difference between "Google Toolbar" which is located under the toolbar of Firefox, and the "Google Search Field" which is beside the URL field in the toolbar of Firefox.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By katenpie in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 3Last Post: 01-29-2014, 12:17 PM
By dkell426 in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 1Last Post: 06-06-2013, 08:35 PM
By MacBook Newbie in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 2Last Post: 08-07-2012, 07:41 PM
By shahvikram123 in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 4Last Post: 10-07-2007, 09:52 AM
By MrPink in forum OS X - Apps and GamesReplies: 2Last Post: 09-03-2006, 05:01 PM