New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

how to remove icons from the top-right menu bar

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

goldoro99

goldoro99 is on a distinguished road

there's one item in particular -- the menu bar icon from digitunnel. i've uninstalled the program but the icon always pops back up whenever i restart. command+click/drag doesn't work. anyone know what to do?
QUOTE Thanks
Collin Bl

Collin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 27 iMac i5, MBP 13 & iMac 20, 2TB dual TC, AppleTV, iPh4S

Welcome to the Forum. How about reinstalling digitunnel and then using AppCleaner to delete the App - that should clean out all the data.
QUOTE Thanks
Doug b

Doug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collin Bl View Post
Welcome to the Forum. How about reinstalling digitunnel and then using AppCleaner to delete the App - that should clean out all the data.
He may not necessarily have to reinstall it. He can try doing a Spotlight search for Digitunnel, and then select "show all" then delete any instance of the name or association. Also go into OS X system preferences>system accounts/users>log in items. Make sure that none of the log in items are associated with digitunnel.

I'd also go and do a basic cache etc cleaning with Onyx. Might as well fix permissions while you're at it, if you've never done so before. Can't hurt.

Doug
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

HD/System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras

Find it and Trash it.
QUOTE Thanks
sau124

sau124 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug b View Post
He may not necessarily have to reinstall it. He can try doing a Spotlight search for Digitunnel, and then select "show all" then delete any instance of the name or association. Also go into OS X system preferences>system accounts/users>log in items. Make sure that none of the log in items are associated with digitunnel.

I'd also go and do a basic cache etc cleaning with Onyx. Might as well fix permissions while you're at it, if you've never done so before. Can't hurt.

Doug
+1 ... this will help...

Quote:
up there with the bEst of the bEst....
QUOTE Thanks
goldoro99

goldoro99 is on a distinguished road

thanks doug, just did OS X system preferences>system accounts/users>log in items and removed digitunnel
QUOTE Thanks
Doug b

Doug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldoro99 View Post
thanks doug, just did OS X system preferences>system accounts/users>log in items and removed digitunnel
Glad it worked for you. But you should also make sure there are no instances of anything with the name digitunnel hiding in a folder. You should also follow toMACsh's advice as well. I guess you might not absolutely have to, but if you're anal like I am, and don't like having useless things clogging up your file directory system, it would help relieve your ails.

Doug

P.S. I forgot to say that the method you used in preferences might just turn out to be temporary. I used to use an app called dropbox, but when I stopped using it, I also removed it from the start up list and upon every fresh reboot, it would continue to appear in the start up list for some reason. Clearing everything with the name Dropbox using Spotlight, and clearing the cache etc.. worked.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Safari won't stop inserting username... | reset admin/firmware passwords »