New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

anyone having this multi touch problem?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

smilez

smilez is on a distinguished road

after a day installing the newest software update, my trackpad has a mind of its own.It clicks and moves erratically. I can move the pointer in spurts and it always tries to click something. only time it stops is after i smack the trackpad or restart a few times. its really odd. It started to happen today after watching a dvd while playing solitaire. anyone else get this problem?

Im using late 2009 model macbook pro 13 inch with the latest update with snow leopard.
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Firstly.... stop smacking the trackpad when this happens unless you really want to end up with problems, and also void your warranty!
First off try repairing disk permissions.
Next up, try downloading and installing the combo update. Mac OS X v10.6.3 Update (Combo)
Post back if this doesn't work, and we'll take it from there.
QUOTE Thanks
smilez

that is hte most current one i downloaded. i started to get that problem after i updated that combo pack
QUOTE Thanks
smilez

bump, please help
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

I was having problems with an app that I wasn't before the update.
When I updated, I did the standalone update and then the combo update.
So... to try and fix it, I zero'd out my drive to defrag, cloned my old system (10.6.2) back to the drive, and updated to the standalone 10.6.3 update again, and the problem was still occuring.
I then downloaded the 10.6.3 combo update again and it fixed things, and I don't know how or why (or need to know).
So, I recommend just downloading and installing the 10.6.3 combo update again, directly from the apple site. Don't scrap the disk image, so if it doesn't work, you can try installing again without having to download it again.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 10.6.3 Update Now Available | Hard Drive First Aid failed, Volume needs repair. Uh-oh. :( »