New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Disable "Running Applications" in Dock?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Corbab

Corbab will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 4 GB DDR3, 250 GB HDD, 10.6.4

I've had a recent zen-like revelation that my screen space should be a tad cleaner than at present. I've moved all of my applications that used to reside in the Dock to stacks, but the icons still show up when I run them. I realize this is handy and happens for a reason, but it's a bit distracting, considering I am a rather epic multi-tasker at times.

In brief, is there a way to keep the applications I have open from showing in the dock?

P.S. I've done a fair bit of googling about this, and I'm pretty sure it's not possible, but I figure I'll reach out just in case.

Just a stupid kid with a computer, so take my advice with a grain of salt if that makes a difference to you.
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Hmm if you don't want to keep your frequently used apps in the Dock AND you don't want to see your active applications, the entire Dock is waste of screen space for you.

To that end, enable the auto-hide feature of the Dock to make it go away and then install HimmelBar - Welcome that will give you access to your Applications and Utilities from a simple icon on the menubar.

That way you have the entire desktop, and launch applications using the the Himmelbar icon and you can ignore the Dock completely..

Regards
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« O/S issue with GPU??? | Issue with tranlucent menu bar »