New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

10.6.3 and Google Chrome

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dillonian42

dillonian42 is on a distinguished road

I've been running snow leopard (10.6.2) on my intel mac for a couple months and when I updated to 10.6.3 Google chrome works for about half the web pages I attempt to view. The internet works fine on Safari, so I'm assuming its a problem with Google Chrome. Does anyone else have this problem?
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Seems ok for me so far, so No.

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
ARSkemp

ARSkemp is on a distinguished road

I had some problems with chrome crashing my laptop the first time i installed chrome. I am running Snow Leopard as well. Redownloading and reinstalling it seemed to cure the problem though, not sure why it worked for me but you can give it a try, not like it takes very long to do...
QUOTE Thanks
sau124

sau124 is on a distinguished road

I did have the same issue, so I deleted the plist file and reinstalled chrome and works like a charm...

Quote:
up there with the bEst of the bEst....
QUOTE Thanks
DarkestRitual

DarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really nice
Mac Specs: 13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac

Not like you're describing, but after getting 10.6.3 yesterday, my scrollbar stopped working in Chrome shortly thereafter... well, it may have worked, but 2 finger scrolling didn't. I opened the same page in safari and it worked fine. I think that was more of an issue with yousendit.com though, as I was trying to upload a copy of my modded system files for anyone who wants to replicate them.
QUOTE Thanks
r_wolfcastle

r_wolfcastle is on a distinguished road

After I installed 10.6.3, Chrome would hang forever trying to load about half my pages, every one of which worked perfectly in Firefox. Up til then Chrome had been nearly flawless. It was so bad I've had to switch to Firefox. I'd love to get a fix for this so I can go back to Chrome!
QUOTE Thanks
DarkestRitual

DarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really nice
Mac Specs: 13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac

It's gotten better as far as my hang ups went. It'll still randomly hang maybe once a week, but I still like the UI better than Safari (sorry apple, get on the ball though!). Seems quicker for most things.

Now the most annoying thing is videos on apple.com don't launch properly into quicktime X.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Have any of you tried the Chromium nightlies? I run them here and they seem to be working very well under 10.6.3.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
Chris H.

Chris H. is a jewel in the roughChris H. is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: mid 2011 Mac mini - 10.10.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillonian42 View Post
I've been running snow leopard (10.6.2) on my intel mac for a couple months and when I updated to 10.6.3 Google chrome works for about half the web pages I attempt to view. The internet works fine on Safari, so I'm assuming its a problem with Google Chrome. Does anyone else have this problem?

A bit late yes...but I'd thought I'd chime in here.

I use Chrome when Safari doesn't work...and that started when I upgraded to 10.6.3 on both of my Macs. Facebook is the problem for me..certain things that used to work in Safari stopped, and work fine in Chrome. Weird.

As for QT X, for me it is a bit worse than the QT 7 version for Snow Leopard. (I posted a link in the Movies and Video section under QuickTime Lag). I tried viewing the latest Keynote in QT X and was dissatisfied, so I got QT 7 (which defaults to the Utilities folder) and from there viewed the Keynote without too many problems.

 iPad mini 1st gen - iOS 8.1.2
 iPod touch 5th gen - iOS 8.1.2
 Mac mini Server M10 - OS X 10.10.1
 MacBook Uni L09 - OS X 10.10.1
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New mac user needs help - applications file missing? | Ethernet Connection »