New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Can't download anything

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

LouFace

LouFace is on a distinguished road

My computer will not let me download anything.

When I click on the link to start the download the screen goes blank like it's opening up the download box but nothing happens, the screen just keeps loading and loading and never opening the download box or the completed download page.

I've managed to get past this problem with some downloads by doing right click > 'save link' but it wont work for everything and so I am just unable to download some stuff.

I've just bought TuneUp Media and can't download the sodding thing!
QUOTE Thanks
Jamie-Jamie

Jamie-Jamie is a jewel in the roughJamie-Jamie is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS

May we know a bit more about what you're using?
QUOTE Thanks
LouFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie-Jamie View Post
May we know a bit more about what you're using?
I've got one of the new iMac's. Won't let me download on FF or Safari and I have jDownloader installed (I think it may have something to do with it).
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Solution: Uninstall jDownloader. Note that jDownloader requires the latest version of JRE in order to work properly - which you might not have.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
Jamie-Jamie

Jamie-Jamie is a jewel in the roughJamie-Jamie is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS

I'd bet that's it. Ditch it and use DownThemAll! in Firefox. See if that does ya better!
QUOTE Thanks
LouFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasingu View Post
Have you tried rebooting the computer or the network?
It's not a new problem, the computer has been turned on and off many many times since the problem began
QUOTE Thanks
LouFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
Solution: Uninstall jDownloader. Note that jDownloader requires the latest version of JRE in order to work properly - which you might not have.

Regards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie-Jamie View Post
I'd bet that's it. Ditch it and use DownThemAll! in Firefox. See if that does ya better!
I've tried DownThemAll before. The reason I got jDownloder is because I download lots of stuff through rapidshare and wanted something that would allow me to just highlight many links at once to download instead of having to double click and paste every link.

I can't win

Oh just an extra thing - jDownloader is working fine its downloads that open in the regular download window that wont work.
QUOTE Thanks
armwood

armwood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouFace View Post
I've tried DownThemAll before. The reason I got jDownloder is because I download lots of stuff through rapidshare and wanted something that would allow me to just highlight many links at once to download instead of having to double click and paste every link.

I can't win

Oh just an extra thing - jDownloader is working fine its downloads that open in the regular download window that wont work.
I have had exactly the same problem. Even though you delete JDownloader when you click a link to download a file which has .dmg at the end of the link you get a blank page. I have uninstalled JDownloader both with CleanMyMac and with the Hazel script utility. JDownloader changes some system setting and I do not know how to change them back. Does anyone have any suggestions?
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Does JDownloader come with an uninstaller? If it comes with its own uninstaller, you should use that as it is probably there for a reason.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
Renee1982

Renee1982 is on a distinguished road

I am having trouble downloading files also. When i click on a link to download, it goes to a blank black screen and nothing downloads. I've checked my downloads folder and nothing there. I got told to download in the guest account and transfer to my account but that doesnt work either. I have no downloading application on my Mac. I want to download skype.....HELP ME TO DOWNLOAD!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« please help | Website loading Problem on iMac?? »