New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OSX Panther BETA - Mouse Frozen

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

monoone

I just loaded the Beta version of Panther and my mouse (curser) is frozen. I have an ibook. I have rebooted several times but this does not help.

How can I revert back to Jag just using keyboard strokes?
QUOTE Thanks
jcromartie

ah hah hah hah... that's why it's a beta, dude!
QUOTE Thanks
jcromartie

But for serious... do you have two installations? two partitions? otherwise, there is no way to "revert..."
QUOTE Thanks
MacAddikt

MacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: G52x1.81.53208x+/-

you might not be able to do much if its a problem with panther. mine works fine. i have it installed on my external drive, cause it is a beta after all. Maybe youre not out of luck though. What kind of mouse is it? Is it connected to the computer? keyboard? USB hub? have you tried unplugging and plugging it back in?

but no, you cant revert back, when you installed panther, it replaces jaguar system files with panther system files

QUOTE Thanks
monoone

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAddikt
you might not be able to do much if its a problem with panther. mine works fine. i have it installed on my external drive, cause it is a beta after all. Maybe youre not out of luck though. What kind of mouse is it? Is it connected to the computer? keyboard? USB hub? have you tried unplugging and plugging it back in?

but no, you cant revert back, when you installed panther, it replaces jaguar system files with panther system files

So... I guess I bite the bullet and re-install Jag. Will I lose all my aps?
QUOTE Thanks
MacAddikt

MacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of light

yes, you will lose all your apps on a reinstall

QUOTE Thanks
jcromartie

No! Do an archive and install!
QUOTE Thanks
monoone

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcromartie
No! Do an archive and install!
How do I do that?

New to Macs
QUOTE Thanks
jcromartie

Just go ahead and start up with the Jaguar install disc. When you get to a certain point, there will be an "options" button that will display a choice between "upgrade" (not applicable in this case) "clean(full?) install" and "archive and install." Select "archive and install" and continue.
QUOTE Thanks
MacAddikt

ive never tried going backwards in OS's on an archive and install. hopefully it works

QUOTE Thanks
StealthMode

A buddy of mine was tellen me that the guy he works with is useing the beta of Panther and he said it has more stability than Jag. I'd like to try it out myself, but hell, it's week an a half away from being released, why bother.

Stealth -
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Alert! Alert! First Mac Os X Virus Found!!!! | Bye Bye OS 9 »