New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Finder Quick Preview window defaults to parent folder after photo deletion?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jman995x

jman995x is on a distinguished road

Hello,

I've been going through a lot of pictures on my hard drive getting rid of ones I no longer need.
What I've been doing is opening up the folder that contains the pictures in a Finder window. Then when I press the Space Bar, it brings up a quick preview window. I'll Down-Arrow until I get to a picture I no longer need and when I press Cmd+Delete, it deletes the photo...now here's my dilemma...after deleting the photo, the next picture is NOT loaded into the quick preview window, but instead the quick preview window defaults to the icon of the parent folder which the recently deleted photo was kept in.

Is there a way do make the quick preview window within Finder load the next available picture (after deleting a photo) instead of defaulting to the parent folder?

Thx.

J.
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Delete them in coverflow.
After you delete a photo it will go to the next photo.

QUOTE Thanks
bboyreason

bboyreason is an unknown at this point

i do photography and have to peruse a bunch of stuff to cull old pics;
software for this particular purpose would probably work well, but for free:
i have my finder set up to view items as preview icons at the largest possible size, also the background changed to a blue or green is easier on the eyes (less contrast);
just right click on the background in the folder (not on an individual image) to change view options
you will have to do this for each folder, as far as i know;
to go back in finder, you prob know, cmd+up goes back without going to the top of a previous layer folder
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

I know of some very good software for quickly looking through tons of pictures and deleting the ones you don't want (and other things).
QUOTE Thanks
Pomeroy

Pomeroy is a jewel in the roughPomeroy is a jewel in the rough

Preview works great for this if you use it right. Drag the folder you want to work on down to the dock and drop on Preview. Preview will open all the photos in the sidebar, under the sidebar will be some small icon, chose the Contact Sheet icon and a slider will popup on the left side so you can increase the thumbnail size. Now you can select one or more photos at a time and right click and send to the trash. I keep Preview on the dock all the time, It's one of the handiest image tools around for quick edits. Just takes using a little to find all the things it is able to do.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen shot 2010-03-14 at 4.13.51 PM.jpg (62.8 KB, 5 views)

Never ask a man what computer he uses. If it's a Mac, he'll tell you.
If it's not, why embarrass him?'"
..: (Tom Clancy)
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Nice one Pomeray.... Didn't think of that
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Booting from mac HDD problem. | Screen Sharing via iChat - secure? »