New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

QMaster startup fail

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mfolkerson

mfolkerson is on a distinguished road

I recently had the question mark upon startup problem , and brought in my machine to a tech store. They said they couldn't find the problem, and charged me almost 200€ for a new hardrive. Seeing the threads on here and elsewhere, I still have a glimmer of hope of recovering my hundreds of pictures (I still have the old hard-drive), but we'll see how it goes.

Anyways, here's my new problem. Since getting my iMac back, I re-installed UnArchiver to be able to open *.rar files. I've also been trying and failing, but that's another thread) to re-install a "borrowed" version of Final Cut Pro. Since doing this, I get a message upon startup along the lines of "failure-startup-qmaster". Stupidly, I thought I could fix the problem with another program and installed Compressor Repairhttp://www.digitalrebellion.com/compressor_repair.htm. It didn't fix the problem, and I think it might've corrupted other programs (The Tubeequinux blogging The Tube – Now playing Digital Cable).

I'm going to re-install The Tube program to try to fix it, and I'd like to fix this QMaster thing (though I'm not sure what it is or if I need it, the startup message is troubling), but I'm really afraid of corrupting anything further. The hard-drive failure I had a little while ago has me freaked. Any info or advice would be more than appreciated. Thanks!

*Note: sorry if this message doesn't conform the forum conventions, I just joined..
QUOTE Thanks
mfolkerson

mfolkerson is on a distinguished road

Well, things eventually worked themselves out, as they sometimes do.

Through trial and error, I learned that QMaster is related to Final Cut Studio. I had downloaded and installed, and then uninstalled various versions of a cracked copy of Final Cut, but I guess QMaster was never fully removed, kept trying to initialize at start-up and couldn't.

All the other problems I mentioned were completely unrelated and magically fixed themselves it seems.

Anyways, to get rid of the frustrating pop-up message at start-up, I used FCS Remover from Digital Rebellion, and it fixed everything.

Sorry for taking up space on the board..
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« plz i need someone to tell me how can i make a back up?? :( | problems removing a Bootcamp partition »