New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

How to turn off color printing?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

fahadchaudhry

fahadchaudhry is on a distinguished road

Hi
I recently bought Canon PIXMA MP250 (ALL-IN-ONE Inkjet printer) to use with Macbook white. Now the thing that is annoying me, is that when printing I can't see an option to turn off color printing. In Windows it's so simple, every time when one wants to print something, options always pop up. But I am unable to locate in Mac. Please help me and tell me where can I find settings to turn off color printing.

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

You have to dig through the menus a lot farther for that option that's for sure. I am using an HP, since Canon didn't see fit to make OS X drivers for my printer that was less than a year old when I bought my Mac. But, that's another story.

It's in the Presets options on mine.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
fahadchaudhry

I have been using MacBook since Aug, 09. Actually I bought it coz I liked Apple's computers. But for the past two days the situation I am going through is making me believe that the decision to buy Mac was absolutely wrong.

I just want to print a page and this machine - I don't know how people say that Mac is "Simple" - has complicated procedures. There isn't a "simple" option to turn off color printing. And stuff related to printing always come before you on Windows. Where you can do the changes as you wish. But this "Cool" Mac can't do.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Yes, that attitude is likely to get you a LOT of help here.

Hint: it's not the Mac ... it's you.

QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

Relax hit the printer icon next to your url bar then the box will come down if its the small
condensed box hit the down arrow box outside of the printer box then look to the right of the preview the 2nd line is presets open that and on the 6th line you have option plain paper,draft and black and white hope this helps.
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Yup. You're totally right. Give up on Apple and sell me your Macbook for $500. I'll pay for shipping too.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Note: Merged duplicate threads.

If you had taken the time to look for yesterday's thread instead of creating a new one, you might have already had the answer.

If not, you now have chas_m's pic to help out also.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
fahadchaudhry

I did see the yesterday post but this wasn't the only problem. When I sent a command to print a page today, without asking it reprinted the pages I had yesterday. Anyway, thank you very much for your help.

I apologize for being aggressive.
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

If you have the printer icon in the dock and you open it does it show any jobs on hold
and if so you have a communication problem between the Mac and the Cannon which
most of the time can be remedied by deleting the printer and then add it back.
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

I have the MP220 and the printing procedure settings are the same as the MP250!
I used it with my MB while I had leopard and snow leopard.... can set it for black and white via the machine itself or the Mac. It really is simple!
I think you just got up on the wrong side of bed in all honesty, as the procedure for printer setup is pretty much the same as it is in Windows.
QUOTE Thanks
ckauf51

ckauf51 is on a distinguished road

My MacBookAir does not have a "standard" option under the printer presets and in fact does not have any options under any presets that can be changed. What is this new user missing?
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

What application are you trying to print from and printer are you using? Each application and printer does things a little differently.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Mac-Forums Investigates MacKeeper - Confused about MacKeeper? Take a look at this review.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.2

These options are part of the printer software and not the Mac OS X.

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« core.insightexpressai.com trojan | iMac erased files »