New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Trying to restore Macbook

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ginjavision

ginjavision is on a distinguished road

ok, I have 2 macbook, an aluminum one i got last december, and a black plastic on i got in the summer of 2006.
Today i decided to restore the black one. I found the 2 discs it came with, the computer was already on and i put the first one in.
From here I went through the restore the OS, i chose to delete and install when asked, although i did sort of just guess that this was the option i wanted.
I was then asked to insert the second disk which i did, but it keeps crashing about half way through.

I have tried to use the second disk that came with the aluminum macbook, but it spits that out straight away. I have also tried to re-restore it, by inserting the first disk again as it powers on and hold down c, but it just ignores this.

And basically right now i just have this black plastic box that wont do anything, and i have no idea how to make it work again.

So if anybody can help me that would be amazing
Thank You
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

The disks are model specific...thus the disks from one MacBook will not work in the other. Not to mention the 3 year old age difference...which makes a big difference due to the OS versions on the disks.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
ginjavision

ok, so the newer disks wont work with it, fair enough, it was a long shot.
But i still dont know why the original disk didnt work, nor how to make it work.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginjavision View Post
ok, so the newer disks wont work with it, fair enough, it was a long shot.
But i still dont know why the original disk didnt work, nor how to make it work.
Like I said...the disks are model specific. The disks that came with the 2006 MacBook work with it...and the disks that came with the 2009 MacBook work with it...no swapping.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
ginjavision

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
Like I said...the disks are model specific. The disks that came with the 2006 MacBook work with it...and the disks that came with the 2009 MacBook work with it...no swapping.

- Nick
Like I said, i understand that. so i have now gone back to the old ones, which are still not working. Using the new ones did nothing to it, they have not effected it's broken-ness in any way. What i would like to know is how can i get the original disk 2 to work?
Although at this point, having spent 4 hours wasting my time on it im thinking i may just buy a new macbook and have done with it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Changing Icons | Passwords and keychain »