New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

copying pictures to another folder question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iNAP

iNAP has a spectacular aura about

How is it, I copy a picture to another folder but leave it in it's original location? I am trying to create a folder with just some of my pictures not all. When I drag the ones I want, the copy leave the first folder Did I ask that right?

www.idadgraphics.com
I started using PS from finding this forum and all the help I have gotten here thru the years is immeasurable
thank you MacForums and all it's members
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

Holding down the option key while dragging the file or files will create a copy of the orginal while leaving the orignal in the old folder. A faster way is to also highlight the files you want to copy or highlight particular files by holding down the command key and selecting individual files and then dragging the files while holding down the option key.
QUOTE Thanks
iNAP

iNAP has a spectacular aura about

Wow! That was easy thank you...... Again!

www.idadgraphics.com
I started using PS from finding this forum and all the help I have gotten here thru the years is immeasurable
thank you MacForums and all it's members
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

Under OS X, Edit > Copy and Paste can be used to move files as well.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I think my computer has a problem... Help! | How Do I Install An Application Without Having To Type In Password? »