New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.4 - Launch Application When Disk Is Mounted

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jamsta

I am disappointed that Apple did not implement File Syncronization in Tiger. This feature is very important to users that have an interest in backing up frequently. I have found a few programs that do the job.

However, I was wondering if anyone knew a way that I can make an application launch whenever I mount an external hard drive? The purpose of this is so the sync program can launch and automatically begin syncronizing when I turn the power on my backup drive and it is mounted. There are many other useful possibilities for this capability, but I can't seem to find a way to do it. Thanks very much.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Try automator, you might be able to whip something up there...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Tiger and Windows iPods | Permissions issue with Home directory »