Exclamation Need Help!!! Problem connecting to internet through Airport.
    Probably a really common problem but i've searched the web and all of the help programs but cant seem to find the answer.

So, the problem...

I needed to move my base station/router and unplugged it from power whilst i was still using the internet. The internet dissconnected itsself and when i plugged the router in again the airport found the connection and the status is 'connected' but when i try to access the internet through Firefox or Safari there is a connection problem. I have tries a Network Diagnostic but this cannot find the problem. I have tried resetting the router, turning on and off the router and computer etc but nothing seems to work. The strange thing is my computer recognises the connection and the airport is found and connected.

Has anyone had a similar problem?

Lake Mary, Florida
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Try this...

Open System Preferences => Network => click AirPort in the left window pane => Click the Advanced button => Click the AirPort tab => find your network in the list, click to highlight it and then click the "-" (minus) button to remove the connection.

Once that's done, reconnect to your network. You may have to re-enter your password.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

Thread Information