New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Restored from Time Machine & iLife and iWork won't work

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TChris

TChris is on a distinguished road

This is my first post, so if I am placing this in the wrong part of the Mac Forum, I apologize and please tell me where it should go. So here is my issue.

My hard drive crashed on my imac (20inch early 2008 model, intel) so I installed a new hard drive and restored everything using time machine from my external hard drive I use for back-up. I restored by inserting the Mac OS X install disk 1. After it finished the "restore" it said to restart so I did, and then it continued to give me a grey screen asking to restart. I reinstalled snow leopard (perhaps I should have restored from this disk?) and this appeared to resolve my issue as everything has returned to my new hard drive except I can't get iphoto, iMovie, Mail, or any of my iWork programs to work. I get an error on the iLife programs that say it quit unexpectedly before it even starts and iWork says there are missing files that I need to reinstall. I have tried reinstalling the iWork and the iLife (from the original disk) and still can't crack the nut. The pictures and movies are there, I just can't get it to run. What should I do?
QUOTE Thanks
TChris

TChris is on a distinguished road

Ok so since I couldn't find any examples of this happening on the web, I called Apple tech support and they had me delete the applications and a few files that I wouldn't have known to delete and then reinstall the iLife and iWork apps. At first the shortcuts from the dock didn't work, but when I deleted these and drug new ones from the applications folder, they worked. I am up and running!!!!!!!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Internet (WiFi) only works when I open the Dashboard | Voice chat PROBLEM! »