New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

change icon of application without initial icon

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

macunix

macunix is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: macbook

I use O2 mobile broadband with an application called 'MobileConnect',
The application has no icon, I want to change it.
I google the methods, but "Changing icon by 'Get Info' and copy&paste" does not work. link: Mac 101: Change your icons
I have the .icons files.

Maybe coz it has no initial icon(just something like InterfaceBuilder)?

How to give it an icon?

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
Collin Bl

Collin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 27 iMac i5, MBP 13 & iMac 20, 2TB dual TC, AppleTV, iPh4S

Welcome to the Forum. How did u try it. Once you have 'Get Info' of the one you want to copy then click once on icon in top of window and you should see a outline appear around it - then copy. Do the same with one you want replaced, click once to highlight, then Command V or Edit/Paste to paste.
QUOTE Thanks
macunix

Yes, I did what you said, but when I was to paste to the app, nothing happened except a system sound "Bing", like this.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

You can try CandyBar, just drag the icon into candybar then when its in there drag it to where the MobileConnect icon should be ..
Not saying it is a solution but this is a icon changing App

Goodluck

Cheers

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
macunix

I try it. but it doesnt work. Maybe the app is locked.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Virus :( | Cant boot into 64bit Kernels and extensions. »