New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.3 - CD Burning for OS X

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

OSXMacMiniJacob

I can't find any easy burning software(thats free) like for PC's i used Microsoft Media Player or I could just pop what I wanted onto the CD and it would burn. But on Mac's it's very difficult- is there any easy software or something to make burning a sinch? Also I'm not sure because I've been using Discblaze and I'm not understanding the different formats of burning like: Mac, PC,Mac & PC hybrid, ISO 9960, Audio CD, MP3 CD,disc image. Why can't i just burn like a power point onto it, that just happened to have a little music on it.
Anyway if you could share your favorite CD burning software with us that would be excellent!
QUOTE Thanks
ApplejustWorks

ApplejustWorks is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD

err...burn in the finder.

stick disc in. name it.drag stuff to it. burn it.

woot
QUOTE Thanks
OSXMacMiniJacob

lol that was easy
Heh btw iTunes sucks at burning it like just doesn't burn at all....

oh also is it possible to burn a movie onto a CD-RW meaning like if i wanted to take a 500MB movie and put it on a CD would it be possible to view it on another computer- zipping?
QUOTE Thanks
ApplejustWorks

ApplejustWorks is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD

iTunes burning is great, so I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about. Could you explain further?

Yes, just like any other file, drag the .mov(or what other recognized format it is) onto the disc as before, and burn it.
QUOTE Thanks
OSXMacMiniJacob

i'm not sure like sometimes my CD-RW's are reconised as CD R's so....i'm not so sure...
k i try to burn it and it says "This is not a blank CD." .... hummmm
QUOTE Thanks
unplugged

unplugged will become famous soon enough

what's some good software to burn ISO images...?
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Roxio's toast

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
boo50

yeas, Toast is great. even it still no Intel version(more and more of us have new intel macs), PPC works without problems.
QUOTE Thanks
cazabam

cazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by unplugged
what's some good software to burn ISO images...?
The disk utility that comes with OS X can burn disk images. Open the disk utility, drag the image onto the drives list and it will mount. Click the 'burn' button. Done!
QUOTE Thanks
alucard

alucard is a jewel in the roughalucard is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro Quad 2.66GHz Intel Xeon W/3GB Ram & 250GB HDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo50
yeas, Toast is great. even it still no Intel version(more and more of us have new intel macs), PPC works without problems.

Does Toast work at all with the Intel versions? If so (besides probably being slow) what issues have come up? I would like to get Toast but i don't want to waste $100 bucks. I can always wait until the Intel (or universal) version comes out.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alucard
Does Toast work at all with the Intel versions? If so (besides probably being slow) what issues have come up? I would like to get Toast but i don't want to waste $100 bucks. I can always wait until the Intel (or universal) version comes out.
I am using Toast 7 on my Intel Mini Core Duo. It works fine. It seems only slugish sometimes when changing menus but burns just fine. The Intel version will soon be out and I am told you just download a patch for your existing version. So if you need it, go ahead and get it. It's the best burning Application for the Mac I have ever used.
QUOTE Thanks
alucard

alucard is a jewel in the roughalucard is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro Quad 2.66GHz Intel Xeon W/3GB Ram & 250GB HDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7
I am using Toast 7 on my Intel Mini Core Duo. It works fine. It seems only slugish sometimes when changing menus but burns just fine. The Intel version will soon be out and I am told you just download a patch for your existing version. So if you need it, go ahead and get it. It's the best burning Application for the Mac I have ever used.

Great. Thanks for the help. I am going to get it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Strange problem with installers | Need help about sudo, and configuration in suder »