New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Column window view changes when I delete files/folders (OS 10.6 Snow Leopard)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Colyflower

Colyflower is on a distinguished road

I've recently got a new mac with Snow Leopard so I'm not sure if it's an OS 10.6 thing or just a preference thing.

I've always used the column view when going through the files on our server at work, the other day I was doing some rearranging and when I deleted a file the window view reverted back to the beginning of the column view instead of keeping me in the folder where I'd just deleted the file.

This almost gave me a heart attack as I thought I'd accidentally deleted the contents of our server. It never did this with Leopard which makes me think this is a Snow thing. I've looked in preferences but can't seem to find anything.

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to stop this happening as It's really annoying, especially when I have to trawl back through all the folders to get back to the folder I was working in again and hopefully stop my heart jumping everytime I delete something!

Any help is much appreciated, thanks

C
QUOTE Thanks
miles01110

miles01110 will become famous soon enough

Do you have it sorted by date modified? Because if you modify a folder in column view with that sorting as soon as you delete something the folder will jump to the top.
QUOTE Thanks
pinklet25

pinklet25 is on a distinguished road

I was looking for a fix for this annoyance also and found this answer on apple's website.
https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Merge and remove user accounts? | Safari Browser »