New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.4 - Tiger Issues...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Dark Phoenix

Recently I've installed OSX Tiger and have had many problems. WHen I first installed it, my computer was still pretty fast and ran smoothlu then teh next day it became slower and now everytime I get teh dreaded beachball I have to manually shut it down. Speaking of shutting down, When I tell my mac to shut down, the dock and top bar go away leaving just the desktop. I thougth at first it was just slow and i was being impatient but I did that, went to sleep, woke up and it was still on like that.

Any solutions? I'm starting to get irratated like I did when I had windows >.<
QUOTE Thanks
meanopause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Phoenix
Recently I've installed OSX Tiger and have had many problems. WHen I first installed it, my computer was still pretty fast and ran smoothlu then teh next day it became slower and now everytime I get teh dreaded beachball I have to manually shut it down. Speaking of shutting down, When I tell my mac to shut down, the dock and top bar go away leaving just the desktop. I thougth at first it was just slow and i was being impatient but I did that, went to sleep, woke up and it was still on like that.

Any solutions? I'm starting to get irratated like I did when I had windows >.<

the problem is probably some program that dosen't like tiger running in the backround. for example, a disk utility program or a virus checker.

the same thing was happening to me, and i isolated the problem to intech's speed tools. use activity monitor and see if anything funky is running.

good luck.
QUOTE Thanks
Dark Phoenix

Thanks, I'll try that. It may be photshop CS or netscape since those are the 2 programs I run teh most.
QUOTE Thanks
Mr Bobbins

Mr Bobbins has a spectacular aura about

I'd also check for updates of the programs that you have, as the problems may already have been solved.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Problem with Color Selector | Clean Install - backing up »