New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

BIG problem after installing Leopard

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

gord22

gord22 is on a distinguished road

So I got an iMac 20 inch 2.16ghz Core 2 Duo that originally had 10.4.7 on it. I didnt upgrade to 10.4.11. I installed Leopard(I didnt choose the upgrade option), and during the final phase of the install it stuck on "one minute remaining" for about 30 minutes.

Then once Leopard was installed the screen had weird pixels in it fulbs and som e horizontal lines my mouse went over and started freezing.

So I am doing a total HD clean and reinstall of Tiger. During the install I see none of the lines on the screen I saw on the Leopard desktop.

Does anyone know why this happened when I put on Leopard?
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.10.1

Is the disc a full retail install and not from another machine, and did you run Repair Disc and reformat?
QUOTE Thanks
gord22

A full install disc. I just wiped off the HD and did a Tiger reinstall and I am going to run a repair disc.

But did what I do listed above could have caused a faulty Leopard install?
QUOTE Thanks
VegasGeorge

VegasGeorge is a jewel in the roughVegasGeorge is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac, and Macbook Pro

I don't know what would cause that, but I bet your new clean install will work OK.
QUOTE Thanks
gord22

Should I do a ful upgrade to 10.4.11, run Disk Repair and do a traditional upgrade this time?

I was also running 1 gig of ram, but just upgraded it to 2.5 gig
QUOTE Thanks
gord22

Nevermind....I guess this system I got was just faulty.

Really upset because I really wanted an iMac like this for years.

Thanks for the help though...
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.10.1

What do you mean the system is faulty? You are replacing the system. If you have a full retail install version of Leopard, pop it in and remove everything connected to the machine except KB and mouse, and reboot, holding down 'C', go to Utilities and run Repair Disk to make sure everything is hunky dory, format the drive Mac OS Extended (Journalled) and proceed with your Leopard install.

When finished connect to the net and update to OS X.5.8 using the combo updater from Apple's web site.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Run separate Windows on Mac. | Partition Deleted from Hard Drive »