Basket_Case_24
    Exclamation Help, Installing OSX
    HELP!!!! my friend has jus gave me a cd of Mac OSX Tiger and it wont load!! i open the disk and it says 'Install OSX Tiger' the windo opens and it says click restart to install. and when i restart it doesnt find the disk. it restarts off the hard disk!! ahh help!!

Specs:
    Mac Pro 2.66 - 4 Gig Ram, iMac G5 2 Gig ram 20"
    Quote Originally Posted by Basket_Case_24
    HELP!!!! my friend has jus gave me a cd of Mac OSX Tiger and it wont load!! i open the disk and it says 'Install OSX Tiger' the windo opens and it says click restart to install. and when i restart it doesnt find the disk. it restarts off the hard disk!! ahh help!!
    Do you really expect to come on a Mac forum and have us tell you how to PIRATE Tiger?
    Mac Pro Intel 2.66 - Quad Core - 16 Gigs Ram - 10.11.2 - 30" Apple Monitor
    iMac 24" 2 gigs ram - MacBook Pro

Specs:
    27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 10.10.2 -64Gb iPad 2-64 Gb iPhone 6+-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage
    When you insert the disk, open your System Prefs, select Startup disk, then select the OSX 10.4 disk. Close System Prefs and then restart your computer.

Basket_Case_24
    i do the system prefrences thing and then restart ma computer once i done this the white-gray screen appears in the center a folder appears (looks as if its from OS 9) with a question mark on, then it changes to a finder symbol on the folder then logs on as usual :S

Specs:
    27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 10.10.2 -64Gb iPad 2-64 Gb iPhone 6+-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage
    Is this an actual store bought version of Tiger or is this a copy that your friend "obtained", shall we say....?

Specs:
    Mac Pro 2.66 - 4 Gig Ram, iMac G5 2 Gig ram 20"
    Quote Originally Posted by baggss
    Is this an actual store bought version of Tiger or is this a copy that your friend "obtained", shall we say....?
    What difference does it make if his friend uses it and then gives it to him it is still piracy.
    Mac Pro Intel 2.66 - Quad Core - 16 Gigs Ram - 10.11.2 - 30" Apple Monitor
    iMac 24" 2 gigs ram - MacBook Pro

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    If it's a Legit DVD of Tiger, it will boot from the DVD. With your machine there should be no problems at all. I have a feeling it's a Pirated copy. If so, you are on your own. Piracy is not condoned here on Mac Forums!

Tiger comes on ONE DVD. Not a CD.

Specs:
    PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
    I agree, even if its a retail version, it only is one license, so unless your friend uninstalls it from his mac and then gives it to you, its still pirating and illegal. what are your macs specs?

code777
    Yeah but unfortunately a lot of people are doing the above. I thought this is NOT possible for one person to buy and say have 5 others install using ONE key.

[edit] let me clarify the above. I know of someone that bought ONE copy of Tiger and installed it on 3 of his machines. Two are his (iMacG5 & Powerbook G4) and the other one is his wife's Powerbook G4. Still a no-no but he sees it as the system is only being used in one household and he owns all the computers... touchy subject indeed.

Oh well, I'm being a good boy and going out today to get it. I know I've been saying I'm holding off for another week or two but after using it on my friend's iMacs and Powerbooks I CAN NOT RESIST THE TIGER!

Thread Information