New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Help, Installing OSX

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Basket_Case_24

HELP!!!! my friend has jus gave me a cd of Mac OSX Tiger and it wont load!! i open the disk and it says 'Install OSX Tiger' the windo opens and it says click restart to install. and when i restart it doesnt find the disk. it restarts off the hard disk!! ahh help!!
QUOTE Thanks
James

James is a jewel in the roughJames is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2.66 - 4 Gig Ram, iMac G5 2 Gig ram 20"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basket_Case_24
HELP!!!! my friend has jus gave me a cd of Mac OSX Tiger and it wont load!! i open the disk and it says 'Install OSX Tiger' the windo opens and it says click restart to install. and when i restart it doesnt find the disk. it restarts off the hard disk!! ahh help!!
Do you really expect to come on a Mac forum and have us tell you how to PIRATE Tiger?

Mac Pro Intel 2.66 - 4 Gigs Ram - 10.6.1 - 30" Apple Monitor
iMac 24" 2 gigs ram - MacBook Pro
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

When you insert the disk, open your System Prefs, select Startup disk, then select the OSX 10.4 disk. Close System Prefs and then restart your computer.

QUOTE Thanks
Basket_Case_24

i do the system prefrences thing and then restart ma computer once i done this the white-gray screen appears in the center a folder appears (looks as if its from OS 9) with a question mark on, then it changes to a finder symbol on the folder then logs on as usual :S
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Is this an actual store bought version of Tiger or is this a copy that your friend "obtained", shall we say....?

QUOTE Thanks
James

James is a jewel in the roughJames is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2.66 - 4 Gig Ram, iMac G5 2 Gig ram 20"

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggss
Is this an actual store bought version of Tiger or is this a copy that your friend "obtained", shall we say....?
What difference does it make if his friend uses it and then gives it to him it is still piracy.

Mac Pro Intel 2.66 - 4 Gigs Ram - 10.6.1 - 30" Apple Monitor
iMac 24" 2 gigs ram - MacBook Pro
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

If it's a Legit DVD of Tiger, it will boot from the DVD. With your machine there should be no problems at all. I have a feeling it's a Pirated copy. If so, you are on your own. Piracy is not condoned here on Mac Forums!

Tiger comes on ONE DVD. Not a CD.
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

I agree, even if its a retail version, it only is one license, so unless your friend uninstalls it from his mac and then gives it to you, its still pirating and illegal. what are your macs specs?
QUOTE Thanks
code777

Yeah but unfortunately a lot of people are doing the above. I thought this is NOT possible for one person to buy and say have 5 others install using ONE key.

[edit] let me clarify the above. I know of someone that bought ONE copy of Tiger and installed it on 3 of his machines. Two are his (iMacG5 & Powerbook G4) and the other one is his wife's Powerbook G4. Still a no-no but he sees it as the system is only being used in one household and he owns all the computers... touchy subject indeed.

Oh well, I'm being a good boy and going out today to get it. I know I've been saying I'm holding off for another week or two but after using it on my friend's iMacs and Powerbooks I CAN NOT RESIST THE TIGER!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac OS 10.3.9 | Is it true? »