New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Error message after I installed anti virus

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Cardlady

Cardlady is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15 " 2.8Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, Memory, 4 GB 1067 Mhz DDR3, Snow Leopard O/S

I received an error message after I installed an Anti Virus program for Mac.
the message was:
System/Library/Extension/CDSDAudioCaptureSupport.kext was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it or contact vendor for update.

Can anyone help me with this, what it means and how I can correct it. The program installed properly.
I am new to Apple and would like to learn properly. Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

If it was caused by installing the A-V, best recommendation I can make is uninstall the anti-virus program.

There are at this time, no viruses that can affect OS X. It is an unnecessary application on your Mac.

What were you doing when you received this error message?

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.10.1

Also have a read of this to help you decide:-

Mac OS X anti-virus software: More trouble than it's worth? | MacFixIt - CNET Reviews
QUOTE Thanks
macmite

macmite is on a distinguished road

I have had the very same error and it was after installing the recent mac update which I did just after xmas 2009, Just before it asked me to complete the install with a restart, that message popped up... No idea what or where to find the application to re install it!

I am just about to do a gloabal search as its not bothered me until now when I tried to install an application from Elgato and it cant becuse these files are missing or installed in correctly.

Gotta say its a first for me for this to happen and Ive had my MAC since 1999 (not same machine lol)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac Pro, OS Version 10.4.11 | HELP!!! I'm getting weird lines when uploading photos »