New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Tiger X install problems,anyone? Comments?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iNAP

iNAP has a spectacular aura about

I just thought I would start a thread to see if anyone has problems and or suggestions for Tiger. I have not installed yet but it's right here.I thought I'd give it a few hours of seeing if any unexpected things are going on
So, if you have seemed to run into problems or questions, lets hear them, please?

www.idadgraphics.com
I started using PS from finding this forum and all the help I have gotten here thru the years is immeasurable
thank you MacForums and all it's members
QUOTE Thanks
ravenstor

did an upgrade install, safari def not good, very slow, otherwise everything seems good, spotlight very good and dashboards ok.

mail much better.

getting to grips with it but wouldnt be surprised if a software update wasnt coming along soon.

pleased overall with it.
QUOTE Thanks
torchy

torchy is a jewel in the roughtorchy is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.

Repaired Permissions first, then Archive & Install keeping settings. Left spotlight alone to do it's thing for a while, reloaded printer & mouse drivers.
All great and working well. Gimp is struggling a bit but getting better :-) No other problems.
NeoOffice/J, iBank and EazyDraw fine.

~ 13" MacBook Air. OSX 10.9 ~ iPad 2 & iPhone ~
QUOTE Thanks
iNAP

Installed pretty cool ..........but I can not get rid of the Setup Assistant any ideas? tried dragging it out of dock but keeps jumping back in is there sometime I missed maybe? quit doesn't work on it either

www.idadgraphics.com
I started using PS from finding this forum and all the help I have gotten here thru the years is immeasurable
QUOTE Thanks
code777

i was considering buying it tomorrow but I think I will wait until the summer. My friend just installed it and he told me Safari is acting wacky/slow. He also said that he got a Kernel Panic (uh oh). He restarted and repaired and says Safari is still slow and acting buggy/quits.

Onyx does not work with 10.4 yet as well. He hopes Apple will have an update by Monday... yeah right!
QUOTE Thanks
iNAP

I can not believe how this is...... Jump to the future is what tiger should be called! Absolutely Awesome

www.idadgraphics.com
QUOTE Thanks
jram

jram is a jewel in the roughjram is a jewel in the rough

I'm calling the Apple store Sat. I'll let them install for free, might take a couple of weeks..
They install it for free..
QUOTE Thanks
iNAP

I just did it, if I can do it anyone can!

www.idadgraphics.com
QUOTE Thanks
jram

jram is a jewel in the roughjram is a jewel in the rough

iNap, what kind of install?
QUOTE Thanks
iNAP

Just install no need to do custom install it saved all the settings and everything could not be easier believe me when I tell you.

www.idadgraphics.com
QUOTE Thanks
adamxj2

I INSTALLED TIGER
AND MY whole system is wacky
I have two home folders
and none of my files are where they are supposed to be my mac even
showed me the screen with the little box that says hold down your button
for a few seconds to restart I am a little pissed none of my playlists are setup in iTunes I AM MAD I installed this .
I also dont have entirely everything backed up most of my apps and
important files are but ... I thought it would be cake...
Guess I am not as MAC SAAVY as I thought I was.
QUOTE Thanks
Kokopelli

Put the disc in, restart, uprade, and done. Everything I expected to run on Tiger works as expected except Deja Menu. Safari is fast, though I am still sticking with Camino.

EDIT: OGG plugin for QuickTime is broken as well.
QUOTE Thanks
iNAP

I just noticed I went from 221.63 GB free to 51 GB free after install, whats up with that? I'm not sure but that doesn't seem right?

www.idadgraphics.com
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Moving this thread....the Suggestions forums, as it states, is only for Mac-Forums.com suggestions, not Apple issues.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
James

James is a jewel in the roughJames is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2.66 - 4 Gig Ram, iMac G5 2 Gig ram 20"

Installed my Tiger yesterday with no problems. Did a regular "upgrade" install and everything went very well. Took about 28 minutes and then it booted right up into Tiger. Only program that broke was Oynx, but that was expected as they don't have their Tiger version out yet.

I keep seeing people crying about Safari and being slow, i don't see this at all. After running the java speed test i find that Safari is running just as fast as it was after the 10.3.9 update. It posted a 6.3 second score on the test, being beat by only Opera 8 at 5.36. Same as before. I have been on at least 75 websites since the install and everything works great with Safari on my system.

Sounds like a couple of you need to do a format and brand new install.

Mac Pro Intel 2.66 - 4 Gigs Ram - 10.6.1 - 30" Apple Monitor
iMac 24" 2 gigs ram - MacBook Pro
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Questions about file copying messages | Nice-ing things »