New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Date/Time reset

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

hlteif

hlteif is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I am using a Macbook Pro 17", which I bought in August 2009. After logging on to my session, a message warned that the date is 01/01/2001. This is the second time it happens. Does anyone had the time reset?

thanks
Hanna
QUOTE Thanks
andr3wkim

andr3wkim will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 13" Macbook Pro 2.53GHz; 4GB RAM; GeForce 9400M

Do you have bootcamp with Windows XP?

13" Macbook Pro 2.53GHz w/ 4GB RAM
QUOTE Thanks
aine123

aine123 is on a distinguished road

I had this same problem, date/time was reset unexpectedly. At the same time, my Mac (2009 MBP) forgot my preferred wireless network. What's the reason?
QUOTE Thanks
gapa

gapa is on a distinguished road

I also have the same problems. Did anyone discovered anythink about this yet.

br,
gapa
QUOTE Thanks
emjay

emjay is on a distinguished road

I also had the same problem.
QUOTE Thanks
MadBiker

MadBiker is on a distinguished road

I don't use Bootcamp but it sounds like its related to Bootcamp.

One suggestion to get around it is to have your Mac date-time synced to a time server. That way the clock will automatically be updated to the current day and time.

I found another link referring to Bootcamp causing this (not sure if we're allowed to post links to other forums):

Date and time reset back to 2001 - Mac Forums

Hope this helps.
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Has anything else been affected? Lost settings for apps for example?
If so it could be a PRAM battery issue, or just that you need to zap your PRAM.

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
Carbonman

Carbonman is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Late-2009 13.3" MacBook Pro - 2.26GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, GeForce 9400M, 250GB HD, Mac OS X 10.6.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aine123 View Post
I had this same problem, date/time was reset unexpectedly. At the same time, my Mac (2009 MBP) forgot my preferred wireless network. What's the reason?
I've been having the same sporadic issue also. Time resets to several years ago and the preferred wireless network disappears. I don't run Bootcamp but I do run VirtualBox occasionally. The problem doesn't occur after running VBox, though. Seems to happen after putting our MacBook Pro to sleep or starting up after a shutdown.

I've been curious if the issue is with the latest updates to Snow Leopard (like 10.6.2 and 10.6.3). What OS version are people running that are getting the same issue?

Also, PRAM reset didn't fix my issue.

Late-2009 13" MacBook Pro - 2.26GHz, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.6.3
QUOTE Thanks
gnad

gnad is on a distinguished road

Did anyone ever resolve this issue?
Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Frewstyler

Frewstyler is on a distinguished road

Don't like the odds of me getting a response as this thread seems to be abandoned however I have the exact same issue and would like assistance.

The issue (has occurred to other users as well): Was on mac yesterday using it as per normal, turned it off late last night which was actually today. Turned it on later today and my screen was flooded with prompts. Mainly date and time had been reset to 1/1/2001. Secondly wireless network had been forgotten and multiple system network processes required to be 'allowed' once more. Most of them had default names I unfortunately forget now, the only one that did strike me as odd I wrote down - KRB5KDC - which i discovered to be a network service process.

I can confirm that this is definitely not related to boot camp, as I have never used it, ever. This happened to me today after doing nothing at all different yesterday then I do any other day. This is the first time it has ever happened to me.

I have a MacBook Pro also, currently Mac OS X 10.6.8 - Model no. A1297.

I noticed that my mac reached 101'c last night (not uncommon for me) but this is apparently normal under heavy use and the fans did spin up and lowered the temp to about 90'c so I doubt that's the issue.

I installed a Java update a few days ago but that's the only other factor I can think of, doubt it's that also.

Any help would be awesome as this is a bit worrying. If you need any more info about my system or anything just ask.

Cheers interwebers.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« keychain | OSStatus error -9459 »