New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

problems installing Cinema 4D

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

wavemc

wavemc is on a distinguished road

Hi, I was recently having problems with Cinema 4D not working properly, I uninstalled then reinstalled this programme (as i have done previously when having the same problem) and it was still not working properly. I phoned MAXON, the makers of the software who told me to uninstall and reinstall again. I uninstalled but was not able to reinstall this time as my mac would get halfway through installation and then come up with the following error message:

"A disk error has occurred while reading from this disk. Please contact technical support"

I left this for a couple of weeks and tried again and it did the same thing...I tried to install the programme on my PC and it allowed me to install so I have to assume that it's a problem with the mac....why would it install one minute and then suddenly not allow me to install, what can I do?
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

There may be dirt or scratches on the disk, try giving it a good clean or consider making a copy of the install disk

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
wavemc

wavemc is on a distinguished road

Thanks, how do I copy the install disk? Why would it work on the PC and not the Mac?
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

You can use disk utility. Insert the disk, open Disk utility, selct the disk and select New Image. But give the disk a clean first

Once it is read you can hit the burn image to burn a new disk from the disk image you made. Or you can mount the disk image and do an install straight from that.

Hopefully if you have cleaned the disk, and any error correction worked when you made the image you should be OK.

Obviously the damage to the disk has occurred on the part of the disk that contains the install for OSX

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Problems with Snow Leopard upgrade | File Vault vs Apache + Sites Folder »