New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

iCal: Print Active To Do Items

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

M-NED

M-NED is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: OS 10.6.2, 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM

I am running Version 4.0 (1362) of iCal and would like to print only the active items of my To Do List. I can print the To Do by selecting File>Print>List and then limiting to the To Do, but it prints all items including those that have been marked as completed. This makes for a very long and unusable list.

Is there a way to filter the print to only print the items that are not complete?

Thanks...
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

Don't know, but are you given the choice of how many pages to print? Once you've done it, you'll have a pretty good idea of how many pages the active items fill. Then just print that many. Did you search iCal Help for a better answer than that?
QUOTE Thanks
M-NED

M-NED is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: OS 10.6.2, 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM

Doesn't really work as it sorts by date and I don't see any way to change the way the print outs sort. Funny thing is that I just want to print a simple list of my To Do items - nothing fancy. I've searched the Help as well as posted to Apple's Support Community, but no one has answered.

Seems crazy that it's not possible to just print a simple list. Lots of Widgets that collate the info, but none that print. Also several nice expanded To Do programs from 3rd parties, but I don't want to pay $50 just to be able to print.

Thanks for your ideas...
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

Oh. I don't mark things as completed. (Since I've no use for that, I haven't even noticed that option!) If they're done, they're deleted. Those won't print.

And Help says you can sort them (only) by due date, calendar, priority, or name.
So, how about pending ones being high priority, and when you mark one completed, also change it to low priority? Will that work?
QUOTE Thanks
dglass

dglass is on a distinguished road

This thread is a couple of months old, but if you haven't found a solution you could try the AppleScript at the following link:

iCal_ToDo_List.zip

It should let you select the calendars you want a list for, choose whether to include completed items or not, and outputs a simple HTML table that opens in TextEdit so you can print it.

I say 'should' because it works for me in 10.5.8, and I did some testing of it on a couple of 10.6.x machines, and it didn't seem to misbehave, but one never knows.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Preview NOT Working (snow leopard) | /Library/Java/Home PERMISSION ISSUE »