New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Boot camp issue

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bergsorensen

bergsorensen is on a distinguished road

Iwe recently reinstalled my OSX (running snow leopard on a macbook pro) and now trying to use boot camp to install windows.

When i try to run a partition through the boot camp guide, i keep getting a message "cannot partition the disk cause there are archives that cannot be moves - try to run the disktool" yada yada..

I have arround 80gb free disc space, and recently reinstalled the OS.

How can you fix this issue? ;(

Kasper
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Was your hard drive partitioned before you reinstalled Snow Leopard? In other words, did you use Boot Camp before to install Windows? Boot Camp only works on a drive that is partitioned as one contiguous unit. If it was, you'll need to use Disk Utility from your Snow Leopard DVD and remove the other partition. Redo your hard drive into one partition. Then reinstall Snow Leopard and try Boot Camp again.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
bergsorensen

bergsorensen is on a distinguished road

Thats the strange thing. Iwe never used boot camp before (only vmware fusion..).

When i enter the disc utility.. my harddrive only has one full partition. Strange and eekk! Ill try a reinstall of OSX when i got the time.. until then, please, if anyone have a fix

Kasper
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Printing very slow | Firefox frustrations »