New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Panther Question - Windows Shares - Storing Passwords

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

möbius

Is there anyway to get panther.9 to actually use the stored passwords for my windows/smb shares so that I don't have to put in the password everytime I access the share?

I have looked in my keychain, and the user/pass are there for my server, but I still have to enter them everytime. It gets quite annoying since I use a laptop and take it to different places, so the share becomes unmounted.

Could I maybe add some sort of authority file in my home directory and add the shares to mount in /etc/fstab ?
QUOTE Thanks
möbius

So no one here can figure out an answer to this problem? I thought you guys were all gurus here. :black:
QUOTE Thanks
werby

When you are at the log in screen, type in your user name and password, then click on the "Options..." button and make sure "Add password to Keychain" is checked, then click "Save Preferences", then OK, then finish logging on. Next time you try to log on the name and password fields should be filled out already, all you have to do is click OK.

It works for me to my Windows 2000 Server, but I am connecting using Appletalk, not SMB.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Closing vs. Quitting. What do you do? | OS X not booting »