New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Headphone jack not functional in Windows

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kronner

kronner is on a distinguished road

Hello.

I've installed Windows Vista x64 in my Macbook Pro. Installed boot camp and my headphone jack doesn't work!! i put the headphones there, and the sound still comes from the speakers. sorry for my bad english.

Anyone can help me? Thank you!
QUOTE Thanks
kronner

kronner is on a distinguished road

no one?
QUOTE Thanks
Sur3Mac

Sur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Late 2011 MBP 13" i5/16GB RAM,Early 2007 MB white 13", 2x TV 3rd Gen, ᣦ

Have you checked out apple support boards yet?
And try googling the issue and see what comes up.

http://www.apple.com/support/
MacOSX hints

another good resource If all else fails give Apple a call.

Good luck

QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronner View Post
Hello.

I've installed Windows Vista x64 in my Macbook Pro. Installed boot camp and my headphone jack doesn't work!! i put the headphones there, and the sound still comes from the speakers. sorry for my bad english.

Anyone can help me? Thank you!
Did you open Control Panel, audio devices, and make sure that you set the headphone volume on and that it's not muted?

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
Jonnysouthside

Jonnysouthside is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro unibody 2.53GHz 8GB DDR3, Intel 160GB SSD, 10.6.2/Windows Vista Business/iPhone 3GS 32GB

Having the exact same problem. From what i've seen on the web, it's been a problem since 08. Still no solution.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnysouthside View Post
Having the exact same problem. From what i've seen on the web, it's been a problem since 08. Still no solution.
The latest Boot Camp 3.1 update mentions fixing a problem with the headphone jack while in Windows on certain machines. I don't remember the exact wording but you can check it out by going to the Boot Camp page on the Apple site.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
Grimace

Grimace is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 13" 2009 4GB RAM 256 MB Video Memory 2.4 GHz Dual Core Processor

I know this is a long time since the last post but I figured I'd throw in my two cents just in case anyone still needed it seeing as the macs today seem to still have the problem. Here's what I did (in Vista):

I went to Control Panel and brought up sound
It will show you a list of devices make sure the headphone one says working
Select headphone device and click 'make default'

Apparently if it isn't default it won't work.
Hope this helps!
QUOTE Thanks
G_uillaume_S

G_uillaume_S is on a distinguished road

ive changed some settings, and i seem to have found it you have to disable the internal speakers, otherwise, even if you set the earphones as default, the speakers will still give sound. i hope it stays this way

P.S. make sure you also make the disabled devices visible (left click) otherwise you might waste a lot of time finding those speakers again
QUOTE Thanks
Emperial67

Emperial67 is on a distinguished road

I have found a nice remedy to this problem after having bootcamp for so long.. ^_^

What you do is go to the playback devices panel,
and just set the headphones to the default device.

Now, what this does is enable the headphones to output sound from the machine,
but if you unplug it, it will simply go back to your speakers.

Lemme know if it works out for you!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Basic info for how to run a script for entourage | Safari won't launch »