New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

install Leopard from another Mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

shenakan

shenakan is on a distinguished road

I have a powerbook G4 12" with leopard and another powerbook G4 12" with panther. I would like to transfert all data from my disk with leopard (system + data) but I dont have the leopard dvd (i dont want use any dvd). I have a extern disk with time machine

So I have :

Powerbook G4 Source :
-Leopard
-harddrive 80 gigas

Powerbook G4 Destination :
-Panther
-harddrive 160 gigas

One external disk with time machine :
-harddrive 300gigas + time machine 160 gigas

One cable firewire

How to transfert data to have two identical powerbooks
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

According to the EULA agreed to upon installing Leopard, you will need a legal copy of Leopard for each machine.

Any discussion of circumventing the software license agreement would not be allowed here.

Please see our Community Guidelines:
Quote:
Respect copyrights and the law.
Don’t discuss or conduct content theft or any other illegal activity. Period. We follow U.S. law on the forums, so just because something might be legal in your country doesn’t mean it will be allowed here. If you’re ever in doubt, contact one of the moderators before you post.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
shenakan

I have legal copy of Leopard for each powerbook !!! my dvd isnot working on both of my power book.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenakan View Post
... I dont have the leopard dvd (i dont want use any dvd). ...
Quote:
I have legal copy of Leopard for each powerbook !!! my dvd isnot working on both of my power book.
I would suggest either replacing your internal drive or getting an external drive along with obtaining your copy of Leopard.
QUOTE Thanks
shenakan

I dont understand your answer, how to do it from this ?

I have :

Powerbook G4 Source :
-Leopard
-harddrive 80 gigas

Powerbook G4 Destination :
-Panther
-harddrive 160 gigas

One external disk with time machine :
-harddrive 300gigas + time machine 160 gigas

One cable firewire

How to transfert data to have two identical powerbooks
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Quote:
... I dont have the leopard dvd (i dont want use any dvd). ...
Quote:
I would suggest either replacing your internal drive or getting an external drive along with obtaining your copy of Leopard.

The response by bobtomay was what I think was a very humble way of pointing out that you stated that you don't have the leopard dvd, and then stated that you have the legal copy of the dvd for each powerbook, and that your dvd isn't working on each of your powerbooks.... and that you will not be helped based on this contradiction.
Given that it is questionable as to whether or not you have a legal copy from your own post, it is unlikely that you will be given assistance on this forum.
Sorry if this is a misunderstanding, but because you have specified that you don't have a leopard dvd, and then said that you have, but that your internal drive doesn't work, it would not be "kosher" to assist you in this matter beyond the advice that you have been given of replacing your internal drive and/or obtaining a legal copy of Leopard.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Quote:
I would like to transfert all data from my disk with leopard (system + data) but I dont have the leopard dvd (i dont want use any dvd). I have a extern disk with time machine
No you don't!

In your original post you said you had one Powerbook with Leopard & one Powerbook with Panther...AND you also said that you "DO NOT have the Leopard DVD"!

So how can you possibly have a "legal copy of Leopard for each Powerbook"...when in your 1st post you said you did even have a Leopard install DVD???

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
shenakan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
No you don't!

In your original post you said you had one Powerbook with Leopard & one Powerbook with Panther...AND you also said that you "DO NOT have the Leopard DVD"!

So how can you possibly have a "legal copy of Leopard for each Powerbook"...when in your 1st post you said you did even have a Leopard install DVD???

- Nick
I said I dont have the dvd because all the people give me the solutions with dvd. Anyway I found the solution to my problem and I will not share it with you, I dont want you go I jail because me. The law is law and you (american people) respect the law.
QUOTE Thanks
McBie

McBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2013 MBA 13" - 10.9.3 & iPad - iOS 5.1

Quote:
I said I dont have the dvd because all the people give me the solutions with dvd. Anyway I found the solution to my problem and I will not share it with you, I dont want you go I jail because me. The law is law and you (american people) respect the law.
Hmmmm......Sad ... really sad

I know for sure that the members on the forum are always looking for ways to help out and answer questions.

I am not an American, and neither is that relevant in any way, but there is no need to get ' personal ' because a forum has guidelines on specific topics.

Anyway .... good to read that you have a solution.

Cheers ... McBie

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude towards the problem. You understand ?
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

And I am not American either and pirates is pirates in any language alas. Further PM abuse anticipated for supporting mods views?
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryb2448 View Post
And I am not American either and pirates is pirates in any language alas.
Pirates is Pirates...Arrrrr....

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

Sorry Captain Hook I prefer the Newfoundland!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« free partition resize software | Find Installation Directory »