New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

iTunes won't update to v9 - is it because I'm on Tiger?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

shiny leopard

shiny leopard is on a distinguished road

Hello

Sorry, although i'm an apple/mac lover I am not hugely technical so please bare with me!

I just got a new iPhone which requires me to plug into my mac and install the v9 iTunes

I have tried to update my iTunes (i keep getting alerts telling me to) but once I have downloaded and opened, I can't get it to install

I got my iBook in 2004, and *think* it is a Tiger. Is it too old for software updates now? Is there a way around this? Or will the new iTunes not be compatible with my os

Thanks so much
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

To check to see which version of OS X you are running, click on the Apple logo in the top left and then click on About This Mac. If you're running Tiger, it will say 10.4.x

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
shiny leopard

shiny leopard is on a distinguished road

Super thanks - yes that's what it says
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

From Apple's iTunes (9.0.2) download page:

Mac OS X version 10.4.11 or later; Mac OS X version 10.5 or later is required to play an iTunes LP or iTunes Extras
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Ok, now we need to know exactly what version of Tiger you're running. Is it 10.4.11 or higher?

Also, how are you going about updating iTunes? Are you doing it through Software Update or did you download the installer from Apple's website?

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« leopard query | What is up with mDNSResponder!? »