New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Does Diablo 2 Run On Snow Leopard?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MathcoreRomeo

MathcoreRomeo is on a distinguished road

Will Snow Leopard run Diablo 2 with this Mac?:

Mac Product Guide: 13-inch MacBook/2.4GHz (black) | Macworld

I haven't changed any of the specs on it.
Will it run?
QUOTE Thanks
MathcoreRomeo

Anybody?
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

According to the Snow Leopard compatibility list, Diablo 2 is compatible:

Snow Leopard Compatibility: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Compatibility List

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
MathcoreRomeo

So, my drivers and integrated gfx card won't stop the game from opening? I mean, I was always able to download it, but I could never open it. It quits unexpectedly, and people say this is because of the drivers from Leopard or something along those lines.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathcoreRomeo View Post
So, my drivers and integrated gfx card won't stop the game from opening? I mean, I was always able to download it, but I could never open it. It quits unexpectedly, and people say this is because of the drivers from Leopard or something along those lines.
Be careful with your terminology! In your original post you were concerned about Snow Leopard compatibility (OS 10.6)...now in your post above you mentioned "Leopard" (OS 10.5).

Beyond this...I don't really understand what you're talking about above.

Your original question was about was Diablo 2 compatible with OS 10.6. That question was already answered...Diablo 2 is compatible with Snow Leopard according to the Snow Leopard compatibility list.

- Nick

- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
QUOTE Thanks
MathcoreRomeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
Be careful with your terminology! In your original post you were concerned about Snow Leopard compatibility (OS 10.6)...now in your post above you mentioned "Leopard" (OS 10.5).

Beyond this...I don't really understand what you're talking about above.

Your original question was about was Diablo 2 compatible with OS 10.6. That question was already answered...Diablo 2 is compatible with Snow Leopard according to the Snow Leopard compatibility list.

- Nick
I'm saying, does the OS determine whether or not you can play the game? I'm on Leopard at the moment, and it won't even open the game after it's installed.
People have said that the AppleIntelGMAX3100 drivers are the reason Diablo 2 won't open with Leopard.

Does Snow Leopard use different drivers?

I want to know whether or not my gfx card is the problem, or if my OS is.

Edit:
I'm on Leopard right now, and I want to know why D2 is going to run on Snow Leopard, but not Leopard.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
In response to your edit--I'm on Leopard right now, and I want to know why D2 is going to run on Snow Leopard, but not Leopard.
I have Diablo 2 installed on one of my computers that's running OS 10.5 Leopard...and Diablo 2 runs just fine...no problems!

I don't know why Diablo 2 is not running on your computer with 10.5 installed.

As far as 10.6...the Snow Leopard compatibility list says that Diablo 2 is compatible with OS 10.6.

So the bottom line is...Diablo 2 is compatible with both OS 10.5 & 10.6.

Good luck,

- Nick

Edit: Remember...Diablo 2 is a game that was first released around the 1999-2000 timeframe. To be able to run a almost 10 year old game on the newest or much newer Macintosh hardware may be expecting alot! Something to consider.

QUOTE Thanks
MathcoreRomeo

Quote:
I have Diablo 2 installed on one of my computers that's running OS 10.5 Leopard...and Diablo 2 runs just fine...no problems!

I don't know why Diablo 2 is not running on your computer with 10.5 installed.

As far as 10.6...the Snow Leopard compatibility list says that Diablo 2 is compatible with OS 10.6.

So the bottom line is...Diablo 2 is compatible with both OS 10.5 & 10.6.

Good luck,

- Nick
On your Leopard OS, are you using the AppleIntelGMAX3100 drivers?
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
On your Leopard OS, are you using the AppleIntelGMAX3100 drivers?
No...the computer I'm running OS 10.5 on does not have X3100 graphics hardware.

Like I said: 10 year-old game + newer hardware = sometimes a bad combination

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks
MathcoreRomeo

Quote:
No...the computer I'm running OS 10.5 on does not have X3100 graphics hardware.

Like I said: 10 year-old game + newer hardware = sometimes a bad combination

- Nick
Well, if I buy Snow Leopard, am I going to be using the same drivers as I am now?

If so, what hardware upgrade would I need to get drivers that would work with applications now, and Diablo 2?
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

try this:
Blizzard Support

Apple - Downloads - Application Updates - Leopard Graphics Update 1.0
QUOTE Thanks
MathcoreRomeo

I've tried using those drivers. I followed a guide on how to install them and put them into place and such.

However, when I went to reboot my Mac with those drivers, my Mac froze at the white screen.

Do you have any idea on how to get those working?
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

What is your version of 10.5?
QUOTE Thanks
MathcoreRomeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6string View Post
what is your version of 10.5?
QUOTE Thanks
6string

I'd run this update and see if you have better luck
Mac OS X 10.5.8 Combo Update
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Font Book Not Opening with Snow Leopard Upgrade? | Snow Leopard Installation Issues »