New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Snow leopard or Win. 7

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Ultor

Ultor is on a distinguished road

I am struggling figuring out which I want for the future as I am going to be buying a new desktop soon

I want something that I wont have to do scans and a load of fixing up as I probably wont have the time or patience for it anymore.

Would a mac be for me or should I stick with windows.

Try to sway me into the right direction

One more thing to add im not a gamer.
QUOTE Thanks
VegasGeorge

VegasGeorge is a jewel in the roughVegasGeorge is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac, and Macbook Pro

Perhaps it's too early to tell for sure, but my bet is that Windows 7 is going to be plagued with the same old ongoing problems that every Windows OS has had; missing dll files, corrupted file directory, missing drivers, spyware, viruses, trojans, etc. If you want to avoid almost all the headaches, switch to Mac.
QUOTE Thanks
Ultor

Ultor is on a distinguished road

I just dont want to deal with bugs viruses spyware or fixing the registry doing scans etc
QUOTE Thanks
DarkestRitual

DarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really nice
Mac Specs: 13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac

Sounds like OS X is for you.
QUOTE Thanks
yamawho

yamawho has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: Mac Mini late 09 version

Good FUD there George

Considering he doesn't want to do much ... anything will do.

Might want to consider Linux as well, it's free.
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

I would get a Mac. You can then have the best of both worlds. You can use mac for your every day use and not have to worry about doing scans and such, there is no registry and you will feel very conformable with it.

And the big plus is, Windows 7 is only about 130 or so right? So you can then just dual boot your mac if you in the future you the need to use windows every once in a while if something arises. You can't put Mac on a regular PC though, so that might sway your decision.

It seams like the Mac would be best for you, but all-in-all in generally comes down personal preference.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

PowerBook took the words right out of my mouth. Get a Mac and then you can run both.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
macalex

macalex is on a distinguished road

Love my Mac Mini. I have both Snow Leopard and Windows 7 on it. What more do you want? hehe....
QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBookAir5,2:10.9.5-MacMini3,1:10.9.5-iPhone6,1:8.1

Windows is pricey and needs "scans", etc... Linux is free and doesn't. Mac is somewhere in between - not cheap, but no scans. Then again there's openSolaris whic I personally have had some fun playing with lately. All of those will run on most x86 hardware.

"Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." Henry Spencer
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Snow Leopard failed | Software Updater Tool Not Working »