New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Snow Leopard failed

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Eriko93

Eriko93 is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone. I hope you can help me out with a problem I've been trying to fix for a long time.

So I got a new copy of Snow Leopard for my Air, and installed it with Remote Disc (or.. Tried to). Connection to the other drive failed and I tried installing again. Yay, finally! So I had Snow Leopard up running, but I noticed 2 disks showing on my desktop - ''INSTALL OSX''. Now, they appeared after the frustrating install of the new Snow Leopard, and I have no idea how to remove the disks! I tried the Disk Tool-thing but was unable to delete them.

Any of you able to help me?

Thanks

MacBook Pro 15
MacBook Air
iPhone 3Gs
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

right click on them and select eject

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Eriko93

Eriko93 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
right click on them and select eject
This way they will not be deleted. And I'll have to do this everytime I boot up again?...

MacBook Pro 15
MacBook Air
iPhone 3Gs
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

If you do as bobtomay suggested, when you reboot, they should not appear on your desktop...
However, if you reboot and they are still there, please take a screenshot and post it!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« file sharing from mac to XP - but IP keeps changing! | Snow leopard or Win. 7 »