Airport Signal Drops
    I have read a significant amount of posts regarding Airport signal drops, but no one seems to be having such a constant problem as I am having. This occurs both when I am connected to ac power and when on battery power. As I am surfing online, or streaming video, I will suddenly loose connectivity. This is more often evident when I am streaming video as the video will suddenly stop and require buffering. At the time I will show full signal strength on the airport icon at the top of the screen. The video will not continue buffering until I click on the airport icon, at which time the signal strength will drop from 4 bars (full strength) to 3 bars for several seconds. It will then pop back to 4 bars and the video will then buffer. These connection drops happen about every 5 to 6 minutes at some times. At a minimum, I receive a connection drop every 15 minutes. This is a constant issue. I am using a Belkin router. No PC that is connected to my router experiences the same connection drops as I do on my Mac. I can only assume that this problem lies in Airport. I remember reading somewhere that Airport constantly searches for better connections on the same signal and that if there are other routers in the area on the same signal, Airport will accidentally jump routers. This may be the cause of the problem, I just don't know how to fix it. Any ideas??

Ithaca NY
    13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
    That's interesting... I have had similar issues with my linksys wireless N connection, though it usually drops to 1 or 2 bars after I do that. I've found that it seems to be a problem with my router though, at least in my case. I have plugged in my wireless G access point to the router and have no connectivity issues with it... very strange. Good luck in clearing it up, I wish I could be of further assistance.

2 ideas at all??? Please help!

Central California
    2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
    What operating system are you running? I just got a prompt for a airport update right now. Maybe that will help? I am sort of having the same issue too.
    Member Of The Month for December '08.
    It's only the internet!

Thread Information