New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Merge partitions (external drive) using Disk Utility

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MadGamer

MadGamer is on a distinguished road

I have an external 750GB Drive which currently has 2 partitions. I have formatted them both, but Im wanting to join the 1GB partition which had the drive tools (they can be re downloaded, so i'm not bothered about losing them), with the main partition. As they are both blank, can this be done in disk utility?
QUOTE Thanks
MadGamer

MadGamer is on a distinguished road

Successfully merged them, had to click the main drive name, (above the two partitions) select how many I wanted, and let the utility do its thing.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« HSF+ case sensative or not? | Bizarre icons have just appeared - yellow diamonds »