I haven't had it for longer than a week and with it being my first Mac I don't have a clue what has happened. Basically if I open up the menu at the top left (the apple logo) where it says shut down, log out etc. It looks like this:

Sleep
Restart
Restart
Shut down
Shut down
-----------------------
Log out
Log out

Basically it says some of them twice. Also, any text box I come to or anything on the home page that isn't in the dock (e.g the Macintosh HD) also sometimes has a black box around it. I thought the brightness of the screen has changed quite a lot too, maybe thats just me but something certainly isn't right. Hopefully this is straight forwards stuff that only a Mac newbie could get confused over.

Edit: The black box is appearing everywhere! Not in like a neat way either, if I scroll the page on Safari when the black box is there the black box doesn't move with the page. Safari and File on the bar at the top also have the same options twice.

Edit: Went to turn the volume up and down on my keyboard but now them buttons move the different windows I have open all over the place! What the... is up with it?

Somehow the universal access settings had been changed. All sorted now.